Ministry of Nodes: Bitcoin Nodebox
The Nodebox is designed to be a simple, fast and robust Bitcoin node. The revolution will not be televised—it will be broadcasted!
We've joined forces with the best to bring you a “no fuss” node solution
AmberApp and Ministry of Nodes bring you this exclusive 10% discount for AmberApp members only, when purchasing the Bitcoin Nodebox.
This mini node is perfect for households, small businesses or organisations. Running 24/7 and downloading and storing all Bitcoin transactions since its inception. It’s the perfect way to get started combatting censorship, retaining privacy and supporting the decentralisation of the Bitcoin network.
To access this exclusive offer signup to AmberApp today
Only AmberApp users and AmberApp Tribe members can access this exclusive deal with Ministry of Nodes.
Dell or Lenovo
A refurbished Dell Optiplex MicroPC or Lenovo ThinkCentre MiniPC
Choice of 1TB solid state drive or 2TB solid state drive
Ultra small form factor – portable & lightweight
Straight forward “Plug & Play” experience
Web browser based dashboard interface
Instructional video and video call support available
- Independently verify your balances and incoming transactions to confirm it is Bitcoin that you are receiving
- Broadcast transactions without being censored
- Retain privacy when transacting on the Bitcoin network
- Support the decentralisation of the Bitcoin network
More details discussed here.
It is a mini personal computer that you run at home 24/7 that downloads and stores all Bitcoin transactions since its inception.
- A refurbished Dell Optiplex MicroPC or Lenovo ThinkCentre MiniPC
- i5 processor
- 8GB RAM
- Choice of 1TB SSD or 2TB SSD (SATA connection)
It comes with the following software installed:
- Operating system: Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin Core
- Private Electrum Server: electrs
- Blockchain explorer: mempool.space
Households, small businesses, family offices, organisations. The goal is to have a Bitcoin node sitting beside every internet router in the world!
To have a good time with the Nodebox, you will need:
- 24/7 electricity connection. It is a device that is designed to be kept online at your home 24/7.
- An internet connection plan with no data usage limits or caps. No minimum speed requirements, a stable internet connection is preferred.
- Physical access to your router to plug the Nodebox into using an ethernet connection. Wireless connectivity on the Nodebox is not supported.
- An existing personal computer or laptop (Windows, Mac, Linux) with Sparrow Wallet installed. Your personal computer will need to be connected to the same network as your Nodebox. This can be either through WiFi or by plugging your computer directly into the router using ethernet cable.
Note: By default, the Nodebox will only work when you are connected your home network. Remote access has NOT been configured. Instructions can be provided so you can access the services of your Nodebox from anywhere in the world, provided you have internet connectivity. It is deployed using a free and open source software and service called Tailscale.